Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Take Time For You

I don’t usually have a challenge taking time out for me when it’s my own choice. When I get really sick, it’s a funny thing. This time because it impacted my breathing, I was really forced to slow down. Yet nothing fell apart.

Unfortunately, that’s what women tend to do and I’m just like everyone else. It’s not that I don’t think things can move forward if I’m not around, I just tend to focus on positives so I decided it was just a nuisance and would go away on it’s own. Sometimes it does, this time it didn’t. The week became a blessing.

I did work but I gave myself permission to stop whenever I was feeling exhausted and sometimes I’d rest and then work a little more and sometimes not. I read books I hadn’t made time to finish, I watched a few old movies I’d been wanting to see and I finally started making notes for the new book I’m writing this year.

Why am I telling you this? Because, when I was 42, coming out of a 25 yr. marriage with no confidence, no self assurance, little sense of self and no money, I had no idea what I was going to do. I would never have dared to think it was OK to take time for me. Instead, I went through 8 years of dragging myself from one thing to another, in and out of terrible relationships and finally going bankrupt.

However, one day everything changed. I found out one of my children was sick and might die. I knew I had to make some major changes. I really plunged into learning about the power of the mind. By the time I was 50, my life was different, my daughter was well, I was coming out of the mire of negativity and my thinking was changing drastically.

That’s how I got where I am today in my mid- 60’s and it’s why I wrote my best selling book, The Astonishing Power of You, Simple Steps to Creating an Extraordinary Life. www.Theastonishingpowerofyou.com.

I purposely wrote a simple book because I wanted everybody to see that it’s not challenging to make change, it doesn’t take miracles, it takes making a decision that you really want to be in a different place then putting it into action. I put into the book what I myself used in the hope that other people would see they could do it too.

So………….going back to what I first said, don’t be afraid to take time for yourself, you don’t have to wait until you’re sick. You deserve to be the absolute best you can be and have all that you want in life, you really are a brilliant beam of light in this world however no-one will see it if you don’t acknowledge it first.

Have a wonderful week.
‘Til next Time
To Your Success and Brilliance


PS. To buy my best selling book The Astonishing Power of You, go to http://www.TheAstonishingpowerofyou.com/book.html. Remember, you deserve to live the best life possible.

No comments: