Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Live a more Healthy Lifestyle this Year

This week I would like to talk about something that has come to the forefront in the news because it concerns me and it takes away from attracting what you want in life.

Smoking and Obesity. The two top causes of death in the US. Both are addictions. I don’t use words like wrong and bad so I’m not going to do that about these two topics either, neither do I judge. However, I will say they can both ruin your health.

I always had great blood pressure and cholesterol. In my 20’s & 30’s I was always between 101 – 110lbs. In the UK where I come from, small portions are the norm so it wasn’t so difficult and I was young. I moved to the US when I was 38. In my 40’s & 50’s it went to 115-125lbs and in the last few years I gained another 15lbs.

Not really such a big deal I thought since I’m in my 60’s and I like the way I look. However, a few months ago at my physical my doctor didn’t agree! My blood pressure & my cholesterol was way too high for comfort. For my height of 5’ 1” he told me it was imperative to lose at least 15lbs or I would find myself having problems. I agreed to take medication until I could get both down naturally.

I kept hearing about how many people die from obesity and smoking, suddenly it seemed to be everywhere. We often think we can do all the things we did in our 20’s and 30’s forever and nothing is going to change. Not so! I want to see my six grandchildren grow up and watch their dreams come true. I realized that if I didn’t make changes my desire to live healthy until I am at least 100 would not happen.

I started researching. . I stopped smoking when I was 42. I didn’t have a great deal to lose and it wasn’t about weight, to me it was about being healthy. I read some amazing stories about people losing hundreds of pounds and here was I with a measly 10-15lbs. to lose. I decided if one human being can do it anyone can. It’s about how much you care about yourself. I made a decision. I didn’t have to do it by next week I could set small goals. It’s what you do on a long term consistent basis that counts.

If I wanted to be really healthy I needed to make some lifestyle changes. I decided to create my own program with Lean Cuisine. In the first 3 weeks I lost 8 lbs. This was just before the holidays and you know what food and the holidays can be like :) I decided in advance to give myself permission to have a little of everything I wanted so that I didn’t feel deprived. On January 2nd I weighed myself and found I had gained only half pound. It worked and I had eaten what I wanted. I’m now back on track. I can’t do lots of exercise, however I do walk and I park far away from everything so that I have to walk further. My body feels different and I feel great.

I’m sure there are people who will say “I don’t want to hear her story” or “she has so little to lose, it’s easy.” So why am I telling you this?

Because I care. It’s not about size, it’s about feeling great and being healthy, it’s about changing your mindset. Ask yourself if you really love how you feel? What will I feel like if I don’t live a more healthy lifestyle this year? Answer the questions honestly.

Clients have often said to me. “You’re a certified master clinical hynotherapist and certified NLP Practitioner, can you make me a CD to help me lose weight?” I decided to make some CD’s that would help people to stop smoking, lose weight and zap limiting beliefs.

The reason I wrote this is because if you’re not where you want to be in any area of your life and you want to attract abundance in all ways, it’s important to take care of your own health first. The CD’s will be ready in February. If you’re interested please sign up for the Monday Motivator and you will be notified as soon as they are released.

You’re a brilliant light in this world, let that brilliance shine for yourself.

‘Til next Time
Peace and Blessings
Hazel

PS. For connection and more spirituality with other like minded people check out the Secret Inner Sanctum at www.MyDiscoveryCircle.com.

No comments: