Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Shoulda, Coulda, Have to!!

I think these words were almost like a mantra during my most developmental childhood years “you should”, “You could,” “You must,” “You have to.” They became ingrained into my subconscious, as are most things we see and hear as children during our young years.

As I discovered over the course of 60 years, I wasn’t the only one who received these messages. I’d go so far as to say that probably, from my experience with people and with clients, that about 95% of the population live their lives with this kind of thinking.

Unfortunately, this is really detrimental to our growth, spiritually, personally and professionally. When we think this way, we are not following our own path, we are following the path of someone else through the messages we have stored on the subconscious level.

There are no, shoulds, musts, could, have to, there’s really only what it is that you love to do and are passionate about doing. When you find yourself saying or even hearing these words, ask yourself a couple of questions. “Who said I should or must.” Do I think it’s necessary? Is it something I really want to do or am I doing it because I think I’m supposed to and will feel guilty if I don’t?” “Will doing this get me closer to the results I want in life or business?”

Hopefully, your answer will be no, I’m doing this because I really want to because it’s something that makes me happy.

The great thing about life is that dreams can come true. If your’s are not materializing the way you want take a look at the words you are using. The words we use = the way we are thinking = the action we take = the results we create.

Build your life for you, set goals for you, and achieve your dreams for you. You don’t need someone else’s validation to live the life you want.

‘Til next time
To Your Success and Brilliance


PS. If you haven’t yet signed up for my free six lesson ecourse and the new Monday Motivator sign up at www.theastonishingpowerofyou.com

No comments: